After commenting on a post by Charles Yallowitz about what inspires him to keep writing, he urged me to write about what inspires my writing and keeps me going. And here they are:
1. My love of literature that I gained in third grade
2. The dream I’ve had since I was thirteen to be able to write a novel
3. The hope that my name will one day be associated with great western books just like Louis L’Amour and Zane Grey.
4. Wanting to make my family proud
5. Prove to all the naysayers that I can do this, even without a degree in English or Creative Writing
6. My wish of sharing literature that is appropriate for all ages and can be enjoyed by all
7. Knowing that I’d rather be writing a book than having an office job
8. Hoping that when the day comes that I have children, they will be proud to have me for their mother and they can read my books and just smile.
9. Having to write down ideas as the inspiration flows into my head and has nowhere else to go.
10. Hoping that one day my work will make earn enough income that I can live comfortably and debt-free.
So there you are. Here are my ten reasons for writing. These are my inspiration.